Thursday, May 5, 2011

House Painting pt 1



An update on our house painting/painted brick post - yes, we're going to paint the house, brick and all . It's now a matter of just getting it all ready to go :-)

I really have no idea how soon we'll finish this project. I got a good start when I got an entire week off, enabling me spend some dedicated time on paint prep. I figure that if I do the prep part well enough, I'll save time when I actually get around to painting. 
Or till we finalize the new colors. 


Here is what I've done so far:

Step 1. Remove/replace damaged siding, trim or any other "house parts"


we had one rotted trim section, a few damaged siding boards, and some old siding corners


here you get a good idea of the nice pink undertones of our current paint color.



the result of sloppy lawn mowing :-)



















Our font porch railing had rotted out after 30
years so it got removed as well.
 So great to have some quality help!

 Stay tuned for new shutter design ideas,
but for now the old shutters are gone for good.


Here we are, half way through the process:

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Looking forward to the finished product! Great tool belt by the way - always stick with the tried and true.

Gaspord Adventures said...

Yeah for you guys! Can't wait to see what it will look like when you're done.
Joelle

p.s. And I think removing the green shutters is a definite plus!!! :)

Cailan said...

It's going to look so fantastic - can't wait!

Johnson said...

The colors are just wonderful together. Really awesome job.
House Painters Melbourne

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Looking forward to see it finished, you are doing a great job. But have you considered insuring your efforts. I found a home insurance company in Warren RI that specializes in insuring renovations and repairments. I think it is worth checking out.