Thursday, June 2, 2011

thrifty thursday: summery yellow stripes

Here's my super cool thrifty find for the week: 1 huge yellow and white striped duvet cover. I bought it on a 1/2 off day for $2.50 thinking i could use it to make more fort kits but now i just love it so much i don't really want to give to a any little kids to destroy. It's in great shape- doesn't have any spots or worn places so i'm thinking maybe pillow covers? blanket? quilt back? tons of little skirts for the girls? chair slip cover? or...i could use it as a duvet cover. :)  Do you have any ideas??  Anyway, there's some great stuff in the bedding isle of our local ARC! You should check it out.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

They all sound like wonderful ideas, can't wait to see what you come up with. How is the house painting project coming along? I think that is going to be one of our 1st house projects...I know it is a big one so hopefully it won't be the last. love you!

Cailan said...

Neat-o! I like the quilt back idea. Then you could use the other half for small fun stuff. So exciting. :)

Katie said...

I love The Arc in Loveland! Their fabric section almost always has some hidden treasures. I've found some great vintage sheets as well :).