Monday, August 29, 2011

quick ruffled gift

I went to Target in search for a baby girl gift last week and found all 4 of these coordinating pieces on clearance and the perfect size for next spring. But....i thought the little white hoodie needing a little sprucing up...besides, all white is kind of an accident waiting to happen so i thought some ruffles in the front would make some nice camouflage. :)
I cut these strips out of some old knit t-shirts. Then i adjusted my tension to a loose basting type stitch that gathered it up all on its own. Then i stretched them out a bit and sewed them onto the jackets.


This quick little clippy to finished it off. This is super simple, but if you'd like a little how-to, you can look at this tutorial HERE.

6 comments:

Ashley said...

I LOVE the ruffles...great work!!

Katie said...

Cute, cute!

Jennifer and Jaimee said...

Meagan, this is just darling. Love all the cute colors too!

Moments and Impressions said...

Oh I love the ruffles... you have given me the push I needed to get back to sewing!

Gaspord Adventures said...

So, SO cute Meagan! You have a flair for creativity - i love what you come up with!

Robert and Courtney said...

Excited to know that this outfit is in my baby's closet. I did find the bow in my dog's mouth but no harm was done after I dried all the slobber. I have a feeling Robby offered it to him because the paper was completely unharmed. Thanks again.