Well hello there, this is the first in a little series of hair accessory ideas. I plan to share several variations of hair clips throughout the next week or two. Keep checking back!
**Oh, and since only one of my girls will allow any fun clips in her hair, i'd love to pass on a few to YOU. If you'd like one, just leave a comment and i'll see how many i can make and send out as the series goes on. :)
Here's the first one: "Color Burst Clip"
Materials: tulle, thread, small piece of fabric, poly-fill, metal hair clip
1. Fold tulle in half twice so it is has 4 layers, then cut a strip about 18 inches long and 3-4 inches wide
2. Gather the tulle by hand or machine leaving about a 1/4inch edge
3. Tie the ruffled/gathered tulle to form a tight circle
4. Cut a 3x3 inch square of fabric
5. Roll a big chunk of poly-fill into a tight ball
6. Wrap the fabric around the ball and sew to create a little pouch-type ball
7. Stuff the little fabric ball through the hole in the tulle circle and hot clue the edges to keep it in place
8. Sew the metal clip onto the back, hot glue the top to make it more secure.
Tie the two ends together tightly
Push the bundle all the way through the center of the tulle
Hot glue around the edges and squish the tulle into the fabric bundle
Trim the tulle if you'd like and trim the extra fabric
Sew the metal clip to the back, through the little hole in the hair clip.
Put a dab of hot glue on the back to make it extra secure.
Clip onto a little girl and enjoy!