Monday, April 18, 2011

Chocolate Almond Joy Bars

These have been an absolute favorite dessert of mine for several years so when i needed to make some desserts for a party over the weekend i knew these had to be included. They make a lot so they are great to share! :)

Chocolate "Almond Joy" bars 

2 cups chocolate crumbs (oreo)
6 T. butter, melted
6 T. powdered sugar
14 oz. sweetened condensed milk
3 3/4 cup sweetened, flaked coconut
1 cup sliced almonds (toasted)

2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
1 cup white chocolate chips

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350'. Combine crumbs, melted butter, and sugar and then press mixture into the bottom of a 9x13 inch pan. 

Next, combine the condensed milk, coconut and sliced almonds and drop by dollops onto the crust and carefully spread to the edges.
Bake 20-25 minutes and cool.

Melt the chocolate chips and cream over med-low heat until smooth, stirring often. Spread chocolate evenly over bars and then sprinkle with white chocolate chips.

Cover and let cool completely in refrigerator. Cut into squares.
ENJOY! :-)



7 comments:

Jaimee and Jennifer said...

meg, these look sooooo wonderful! you girls are making us hungry. :) I'm so excited about the reason behind that little weekend party... can we talk soon, please? :)

love always!

Cailan said...

These are delish! Glad to have the recipe handy now. :)

Virginia Lee said...

Yum!! Could you make them without the almonds and have mounds bars? I'm not a huge almond fan. But these would be great for a potluck I have coming up.

Cindy Swanson said...

Oh my...this looks incredible. I think I gained a few pounds just looking at the picture!

Do stop by my blog and say hi! :)

Notes in the Key of Life

keely said...

Yum. Would you deliver? :)

Kimberly said...

Wowzers, these look awesome! Thanks for sharing the recipe! I will definitely need to make these soon!

Katie @ minivan diva said...

Those look so super yummy. Thanks for your sweet comments on my post "drive by". I looked for an email address to write this, but I couldn't find one, so sorry for putting it in the comment box. : ) Really, though, I was touched by your kind words. Your handmade dolls are adorable. Just when I think I'll survive without a girl (3 boys) I see things like your dolls and think, hmmm. Adorable! And a mama to 4...wow!!!