Thursday, April 14, 2011

Another Happy Tote

 Here's a little tote i made for my other wonderful sister-in-law for her birthday awhile back. It's just lots of ruffles like the one i made a couple of months ago but i think it turned out extra bright and happy.I made the bag part too but that's really only because handy andy was out of town when i got the idea, and it was cold outside so i wasn't about to drag all 4 kids to hobby lobby to buy a canvas tote. Anyway, i definitely should have checked out a tutorial online but it turned out alright and was good exercise for my brain. :)
the solid yellow fabric came from curtain scraps from my girls' room and the yellow print was from an old shirt. Sometimes i have a hard time not wanting to cut up my whole wardrobe or buy new clothing just so i can re-purpose the fun fabric....and andy wonders why i tell him i have "nothing to wear!" just kidding. maybe.

4 comments:

Ashley said...

So cute Megs...I love these totes!

Kimberly said...

Well, now I definitely want to make one for myself! :) Great job!

Cailan said...

Wowsers! I can't believe I missed this! It turned out BEE-U-tiful.

Jaimee said...

aww, it's so happy! I "like." :)