Wednesday, October 5, 2011

ben's party invites

I don't usually send out real invites to little family parties, but this idea came to me fast and besides, it's Ben's first birthday, and he's adorable...so he deserves a little more effort. ;)

Handy Andy completely refused my request to cut up one of our hardbound world atlases (good thing someone is keeping me in check)...so i had to get creative. Happily i found 2 big US road atlases at goodwill that worked great. And each for only .99.
The rest was super easy: little triangles, pretty card stock and simple white envelopes with a piece of map glued into the flap.

Hopefully these will get me going on the rest of the party planning, which is now 3 days from now. If nothing else, everyone can bring their invitations and stick them to the wall for decoration ;)

4 comments:

Gaspord Adventures said...

Super cute, Meagan! What a great way to recycle those atlases. :)

Jennifer said...

I love how you made these... including the envelopes! how creative!

Alicia said...

I LOVE them! What a cute idea. I just made whimsical owl invites for my baby girl's first birthday party...but I'm afraid my crafting talent isn't as good as yours. Thanks for the inspiration!

Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipes said...

Thaank you for sharing