Sunday, October 9, 2011

Book-Inspired Finger Puppets

One of Ben's little buddies had his first birthday just 7 days after his own. For this special guy i bought a book by one of our very favorite children's authors, Sandra Boynton and then made these simple little finger puppets to make it extra fun.

I finished them while watching a movie with handy andy, and besides the teeny scraps of felt all over the couch and the long hot glue strings "EVERYWHERE" (quote by handy andy), it was super easy and lots of fun and i can't wait to make characters from another book.
Speaking of picking out another book, what are your children's book favorites?? I'm kind of wanting to expand our board book library.. i think the majority of what we used to have has been eaten or destroyed by the older 3. Suggestions please :)


linking to  sugar and dots and sewmuchado and let birdz fly

8 comments:

Jessie said...

Our favorite is "No matter what" by Emma Dodd. The one we have technically isn't a board book b/c it came from the Imagination Library, but it's definitely for babies and toddlers and you can probably get it as a board book.

Jennifer said...

they're darling! you did an awesome job, and I'm sure the kids just love them!!

smithpeasinapod said...

Oh my! These are just precious. I MUST do this. How did you make the faces?
We LOVE Sandra Boynton in our house too :)

Our favorites are:

Peek a Who by Nina Laden, Where is Baby's Belly Button by Karen Katz, Baby Signs by Joy Allen,
The Very Hungry Caterpillar & Brown Bear Brown Bear What Do You See by Eric Carle,

The Going to Bed Book, Fifteen Animals & Moo Baa La La La by Sandra Boynton,

Oh Say Can You Say, Mr Brown Can Moo Can You? & Oh the Places You'll Go by Dr. Seuss

Anamalia is amazing for the older kids!
Just to name a few :)

Thanks for stopping by my blog to give some love! I am so happy to have found your adorable blog!!

Fay said...

Those are so cute! Such a great idea : )

Bailey K. | Travel Heals said...

oh my goodness i love these finger puppets! so stinkin cute. my niece would love these! great job.

i would love for you to come link up this or any other amazing project at my creativity party going on right now!

letbirdzfly.blogspot.com

thanks so much for sharing!

Q @ JAQS said...

Oh my! those are SO cute!

I would love if you can link it up to my weekly party @ http://www.jaqsstudio.com/2011/10/made-by-me-2-and-last-weeks-link.htmlQ

Carmen said...

OMGosh! Too cute...My kids are too big for this, but it's a great idea if you are giving a book as a gift...Would love it if you would link this up to our Rockin' link party going on now at RoCa and Company. Here is the link: http://rocaandcompany.blogspot.com/2011/10/you-rock-5.html. Come and show off what you got. Hope to see you there...

Remember...YOU ROCK!!

Carmen @ RoCa and Company
www.rocaandcompany.blogspot.com

Crystalyn said...

These are so cute, my little girl LOVES Sandra Boynton, we have lots of her board books. "Green Start" books are also super super cute.